Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Peace, love, and joy!

We are enjoying the holiday this year together. It's the first time ever that I have not spent the holidays with my parents, and I do miss them terribly! But we are having a wonderful time with just our little family :)

Last night Santa came to visit...





The boys went to the mall to see him (no pictures) and Wesley asked for a "James" (a train from Thomas and Friends that was recalled over a year ago, so we had to take it away from him), and a Baby for Diesel.




We made cookies last night, with the boys doing most of the work, and they were thrilled to see that Santa enjoyed his cookies and milk, and that Rudolph was happy to get a carrot as well!



Then they inspected their stockings where Santa left a couple furry finger puppets, Wall-E cups, chocolate santas, and of course an orange in the toe! I crocheted Wesley's stocking this year, and will do one for Diesel next year. I just ran out of time! Oops!



Grandmama & Grandaddy sent three wooden construction vehicles, Eve from Wall-E (goes with the Wall-E we bought a while ago, they communicate with each other and the boys are beyond thrilled!), and a "not" wood train that is made from foam (Diesel has been having a blast with this!).

Nana & Papa sent them the Wall-E Movie and a couple sets of reading software with their favorite movies. They also sent cash for us to spend on them, and we decided we would take them on a train ride to Chicago in the Spring. They are going to love that!





From Mom & Dad they got some wonderful handmade items such as wooden rolling elephant & zebra, a wooden tangram set, shirts embroiderd with robots, and a robot wallet... They also had a couple store bought items such as a Mini-Tribot, the Wonderpets Fly Boat, and Leap Pad (bought used!). They are absolutely thrilled with their loot, and keep thanking us and letting us know how much they love us.







My wonderful husband saved links I'd sent him and did some handmade shopping for me.. I got some beautiful crochet stitch markers, and a gorgeous purple patchy purse.




I was able to get my husband a polo shirt w/ some lamborghini embroidery on it, and I handstitched him a little felt penguin ornament. Each year I get him a penguin of some kind, and we have several ornaments, it's tradition!

We are so thankful to be together this holiday season, that we are happy, healthy, loved, and secure. Happy Holidays to everyone - may they be merry and bright!

No comments: